– You won’t see the word “Islam” in the boilerplate speech by Obama but you will see the phrases that the gay nightclub “is more than a nightclub. It is a place of solidarity and empowerment” and that “This massacre is … a further reminder of how easy it is for someone to get their hands on a weapon”
– Obama’s view is in line with terrorist’s father, who said that the attack “has nothing to do with religion.” WaPo notes the following:
The father of Omar Mateen, identified by police as the man behind the carnage at an Orlando nightclub early Sunday morning, is an Afghan man who holds strong political views, including support for the Afghan Taliban. In a video he posted on Saturday, he appears to be portraying himself as the president of Afghanistan.
– Maaten was a registered Democrat, pledged allegiance to ISIS and “He was quite religious”.
– According to the liberals gun control is “real story” as Yahoo notes in the headline “Bernie Sanders Just Nailed the Real Culprit Behind the Mass Shooting in Orlando”. Do Bataclan concert hall and Charlie Hedbo office shooting in a country with strict gun control laws mean anything? How about the San Bernardino shooting in California, a state with much stricter gun control laws? Mateen was a security guard at a juvenile facility and thus had passed all the required background checks to be able to carry firearms. This attack also highlights the argument made by gun control proponents, who state that if you carry a gun to defend yourself then it can be taken from you and used on you. There were more than 320 people in that nightclub against the sole gunman and nobody was able to take either of the two guns away from him.
– This attack can also be chalked up as another intelligence failure. We are always told how NSA surveillance is necessary to ward off impending attacks. Boston bombers were on the FBI radar, as was Mateen.
The senior law enforcement source reports that Mateen became a person of interest in 2013 and again in 2014. The Federal Bureau of Investigation at one point opened an investigation into Mateen but subsequently closed the case when it produced nothing that appeared to warrant further investigation.
“He’s a known quantity,” the source said. “He’s been on the radar before.”
– A helpful tip on reading the CBC website, aka recognizing news that doesn’t fit the narrative. One doesn’t even have to read the article to ascertain that. Just note if the report, like the one about this shooting, has the comments disabled. Non-white, check, registered Democrat, check, Muslim, check. Narrative fault!